UNIVERSITY FOR DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
ADMISSION OF CANDIDATES TO FIRST DEGREE PROGRAMMES-2018/2019 ACADEMIC YEAR
Application forms for admission to first degree programmes in the University for Development Studies (UDS) will be available online at www.uds.edu.gh from Monday, February 26, 2018 for holders of the following qualifications;
- Mature applicants - West African Senior Secondary School Certificate (WASSCE), Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) and GCE ‘O’ Level
This is applicable to only programmes under Faculty of Integrated Development Studies (FIDS), Faculty of Agriculture (FoA), Faculty of Agribusiness and Communication Sciences (FACS), Faculty of Education (FOE), School of Business and Law (SBL), and Faculty of Planning and Land Management (FPLM), Faculty of Applied Science (FAS), Faculty of Natural Resources and Environment (FNRE); BSc. Community Nutrition option of the School of Allied Health Sciences (SAHS) and also the BSc Mathematical Science option in the Faculty of Mathematical Sciences (FMS).
Eligible applicants for the Mature Entry must meet the following criteria:
- Be 25 years or above by August 31, 2018
- Have passes in five G.C.E.‘O’ Level subjects including English Language, Mathematic/Statistics and Science.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) holders must have five (5) passes or better (A to E) in English Language and Mathematics (Core) plus any other passes in three elective subjects. (For candidates wishing to pursue Mathematical Science courses, the elective subjects should include Elective Mathematics).
- West Africa Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), holders must have passes or better in English Language and Mathematics (Core) plus any other passes in three elective subjects. (For candidates wishing to pursue Mathematical Science courses, the elective subjects should include Elective Mathematics).
- Candidates would be expected to write and pass both aselection examination (Thursday June 21, 2018) and an interview (Friday June 22, 2018) to be conducted by the University at the Tamale Campus.
- Only candidates who obtain satisfactory marks in the selection examination and interview will be admitted to pursue the degree programme.