OTHER PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES
Policy Review and Dialogue Sessions
The centre in collaboration with the Research and post –graduate Centre organizes policy review sessions dubbed the Harmattan School; a forum that engages stakeholders and development partners to brainstorm on pertinent development issues
Annual Inter-faculty Lectures
The annual inter-faculty lectures is an initiative of the centre which brings academicians together to present research works for peer review and publication
The centre supports the various campus of the University for Development Studies in teaching and learning in various fields of Academic Disciplines.
Third Trimester Field Practical Training Programme (TTFPTP)
Staff of the Centre actively participates in the University Flagship Third Trimester Field Practical Training Programme (TTFPTP) as Field Coordinators, Coordinators and Research Advisors
Course Curriculum Development
The Centre Develops curricula for career oriented MA and Certificate short courses aimed at capacity building of Development Practioners.
INITIATIVES AND COMPLETED PROJECTS OF THE CENTRE
- Ghana Aids Commission funded UDS HIV/AIDs Combat project Jointly with the School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Initiated, prepared and submitted proposal for the Establishment UDS School of Graduate Studies which is currently running.
- Initiated and facilitated the establishment of UDS Department of Agricultural Education (Teacher and Extension Education Focus)
- Research on Women’s participation in Contemporary Ghanaian Politics.
- Instituted UDS Annual Inter-Faculty Lectures.
- Annual Hammattan School jointly with the Post Graduate Centre.
- Research on the Local management of Death, Funerals and its impacts on Social change and Development.
- Research on Women’s Control over their Sexuality as regards Family planning in the Kasena Nankane District.
- Policy Dialogue on Peace Building and Conflict Resolution in Northern Ghana.
- Policy Dialogue on Growth and Economic Development in Northern Ghana.
- Health Delivery Systems in the North- Western Province of Ghana (1900-2005)
- Coordinated the base-line survey and evaluation of CARE International’s Village Savings and Loan Association in five districts in the three Northern regions sponsored by Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), a US- based International NGO.
- Evaluation of the Global Water Initiative project, CRS- in the Upper West region of Ghana.
- Social Integration of Orphans in the Ghanaian society.
- Good Governance Democracy:
- Ghana Growth and Development Project
- Northern Ghana Cultural Regeneration project.
- Community innovative disaster management and risk mitigation Project (CIDMARP)