The Faculty of Education (FoE) was carved out of the then Faculty of Education, Law and Business Studies in February, 2013. The Dean's Office is located on the Tamale Campus with Departments on all campuses, where collaborative programmes are run in conjunction with relevant Faculties. The establishment of the Faculty is to provide leadership, research and training for the re-thinking and re- modelling of education as a tool for social equity and human development.
The establishment of the FoE within a development gives it the competitive edge for the strategic design and roll out of innovative programmes that address local and national development needs. In view of this mandate, its programmes target the formal and non-formal systems of education at the diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These programmes are strategically tailored to respond to ongoing teaching and learning, research and dissemination and, administration and management challenges in education as well as the educational quality and national development needs.
The FoE's programmes are in the areas of Teacher Education, Development Education and Foundations Education.
The Faculty offers the following Programmes;
- 4-Year BA (Development Education) – Tamale Camus
- 4-Year B.ED (Social Science) – Wa Campus
- 4-Year B.ED (Business Studies) – Wa Campus
- 4-Year B.ED (Agriculture Studies) – Nyankpala Campus
- 4-Year B.ED (Mathematics Studies) – Navrongo Campus
- 4-Year B.ED (Science) – Navrongo Campus
- 4-Year B.Ed in Early Childhood Care and Education – Tamale Campus
- 2-Year B.Ed in Basic Education –Tamale Campus
- 2-Year Diploma in Development Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- M.Ed in Training and Development
- M.Ed. in Agriculture
- M.A. in Development Education
- M.A. in Non-Governmental Organization Management and Rural Development
- M.A. Environmental Security and Livelihood Change
- M.Phil in Agriculture Education - Nyankpala Campus
- M.Phil in Development Education Studies - Choggu Tamale Campus