Postgraduate Education and Research at the Center Stage for Eradication of Extreme Poverty and Hunger in Northern Ghana
15th to 18th July, 2012
UDS International Conference Centre, Tamale, Ghana
CALL FOR PAPERS
The July, 2012 Graduate Conference is the 1st of its kind in UDS which has been instituted by the Board of Graduate School to be an annual event during which postgraduate students present, share experiences and influence development focusing on deprived communities in Northern Ghana. The forum is expected to serve as a knowledge sharing platform for postgraduate students especially those at the tail end of their programmes, through paper and poster preparations and presentations and interaction with peers. The meeting is expected to ginger and sustain dissemination of information on developmental needs of communities in which postgraduate students have carried out their research to enhance the knowledge-base of rural policy makers and practitioners.
The Plenary presentations will be focused, to a great extent, on the role of postgraduate students in the implementation of Projects such as the “Savannah Accelerated Development Authority” (SADA), “Northern Rural Growth Project” and “Rice Sector Support Project” in Northern Ghana by Governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations geared towards the realization of the Millennium Development Goal 1 - “ERADICATION OF EXTREME POVERTY AND HUNGER”.
Postgraduate students, in any discipline, from other Universities in and outside Ghana are also invited to submit their research papers for presentations. All submitted papers (invited and students’ papers), will be peer reviewed and accepted papers will be published in the Conference proceedings.
Interested persons should first submit a 300-word abstract detailing title, main thesis/arguments/issues, methodology/strategy and conclusion. When accepted, authors will be required to submit the full papers within two (2) months.
· October 26, 2011: Announcement of Call for Papers
· January 26, 2012: Abstract submission deadline
· February 29, 2012: Notification of acceptance
· April 30, 2012: Deadline for submission of Full Papers of accepted abstracts
TENTATIVE PROGRAMME OUTLINE:
1. SUNDAY 15TH JULY, 2012: Arrival of Participants and Registration at ICT Block of School of Medicine and Health Sciences. Super.
2. MONDAY 16TH JULY, 2012: Registration at UDS International Conference Centre, Tamale, Ghana. Opening Ceremony followed by Plenary Sessions and Poster Session.
3. TUESDAY 17TH JULY, 2012: Paper Presentations, Poster Session and Conference Dinner.
4. WEDNESDAY, 18th July, 2012: Excursion
5. THURSDAY, 19th July, 2012: Departure
Special prices shall be awarded to the best three Papers and Posters
Conference fee and other logistics will be announced soonest.
All inquires and submissions should be addressed to:
The Dean of Graduate School
University for Development Studies
P. O. Box 1350
Tamale, Northern Region
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +233(0)3720-22080 or +233(0)264-632137 or +233(0)244-789809