POSITION: HEAD OF SECURITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Head of University Security Section :
To manage and be accountable for the provision of security policies, codes of practice, strategy and operational activity for the University and provide professional advice to management.
- The successful candidate shall be responsible for the supervision of the entire security staff under him or her to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the Security Section.
- He/She shall exercise oversight responsibility over the function and operations of the Security System of the University.
- He/she shall also be responsible for keeping the Security situation under constant review to ensure the provision of maximum security to all University installations and property.
- He/she shall be responsible to the Registrar in the discharge of his/her duties.
1. Must have had a minimum of 6 years’ working experience as Principal Security Officer in the University and must have shown clear evidence of ability to organize and control security personnel
2. Must have attained, at least the rank of Major and above in the Armed Forces or Superintendent and above in the Police Service, with a clear record.
Applicants must be able to work for a minimum of Five (5) years before attaining the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
Mode of Application
i. Interested applicants should present three (3) copies of their applications together with their curriculum vitae and other relevant documents and;
ii. Should also include names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees, who should be requested by the candidate to forward their confidential reports to the Registrar.
Applications must reach the Registrar before or by February 28, 2018, through the following address:
University for Development Studies (UDS)
P.O. Box TL 1350, Tamale